We had four amazing teams volunteering in Ecuador from the northern hemisphere in 2019 working on various conservation and construction projects.
A special thank you to Maria Jose, Xavier and Ashley who have been exceptional team leaders for 2019.
Here are some of the highlights.
- Work on building 5 bathrooms and septic tanks to improve sanitation in the village. This involved a lot of hard work digging foundations, working with concrete, tiling and plumbing.
- Provided english and math lessons for 43 students over 3 difficulty levels from counting through to holding conversations on various topics such as name, age, colour, greetings, numbers.
- Introduced new types of songs, games, and painting activities.
- Attended ceremonies by local shaman.
- Learnt about local crafts and cooking techniques such as making bracelets and fresh chocolate.
- Visited the Amazoonico animal rescue center.
- Night trek to see nocturnal insects.
- Night canoe ride to look for nocturnal animals.
You can read about our efforts in more detail here.