We had two amazing teams volunteering in Laos from the southern hemisphere in 2018-2019, working on various conservation and construction projects.
A special thank you to Sophie, Nick, Megan and Noah who have been a fantastic team to lead our volunteer projects in the 2018 – 2019 season.
Here are some of the highlights.
Elephant Conservation Centre in Sayaboury
- Completed over 2km of fence line to prepare for the second socialisation area for the elephants and assisted with the landscaping and plantation of new vegetation.
- Completed prep work such two new observation areas.
- Helped to maintain and remodel the main ECC building including refurbishment one of the hospital rooms and the bathrooms.
Sayaboury Village School
- Removed rotting wood and mould from the existing classroom ceilings and built a new rooftop.
- Helped teach Year 3, 4 and 5 students English and ran daily exercise classes. The Macarena continued to make an appearance this season.
- Setup two initiatives for recycling and dental hygiene.
You can read about our efforts in more detail here.