We had six amazing teams volunteering in Laos from the northern hemisphere in 2018 working on various conservation and construction projects.
A special thank you to Kirsten, Benji, Sophie and Nick who have been a fantastic team to lead our volunteer projects in 2018.
Here are some of the highlights.
Elephant Conservation Centre in Sayaboury
- We helped take care of 13 new elephants and helped to integrate them with the wider herd.
- Provided assistance at the Vet hospital. We had quite a few Biology and Science students this year that greatly benefited from the knowledge gained working with the Vets there.
- Completed over 2km of fence line to prepare for a new socialisation area fo the elephants and assisted with the landscaping and plantation of new vegetation.
Van Ban Soy School
- Completed refurbishment of the kindergarten including painting of the kindergarten walls, cubicles and murals which the kids now throughly admire.
- Helped teach students from grade 2 onwards and introduced them to the wonders of the Macarena.
Ban Nonsavanh School
- Built and furnished a new classroom so that the school can expand to bring on a new teacher and cater for more students.
- Helped teach children English including ABCs, phrases, body parts, date and time, animal, emotions and opposites.
- Had fun with craft work
- Helped the children prepare for their exams.
You can read about our efforts in more detail here.